Monday 27 April 2009

Who should get the next Bharat Ratna?

Well, I think all of us are aware that there is a ongoing pakau debate on our educating and interesting abuse (news) channels on who should be awarded the bharat ratna next.
Should it be Master(Eldest) Blaster or should it be Sona hai ji or should it be Vijay Mal-lutaya?
But i think all these bhasadi channels should think long and hard and then again think long and hard (after a short break) and then should come to me.
I think the next Bharat Ratna should be given to "Satpal-Ji". Now don't tell me that you don't know Satpalji!!
Go to Vikas Puri (the best place in Delhi) on a Thursday and you will find Satpalji's shop. It's easy to locate Satpalji's shop. You just locate the shop with most number of people waiting in line and carving for attention of Satpalji. You will also see a yellow and red colour banner on top of the shop (banner atleast 15 years old if not more) - "Satpal Ji ke Chole Bhature - Sudh Son Ghee se nirmit. Hamari koi branch nahi hai".
Boss - I can bet with you that if you go there once you will wait for the Thursday to come even more than the Saturday and it will become an integral part of your life, just like it became for me for more than 10 years.
I still remember the expression on the faces of the people standing in queue (including me) looking at the kadai of bhaturas and singing loudly in their hearts...Aaja aa aa aaja... - and buoy if there is an out of turn allotment of bhaturas, there used to a riot.
Chola Bhatura is an essential part of any Delhite's life just like an item number is an essential part of any movie and bouncer is an essential part of any fast bowler's weaponary. I am yet to find a decent (let alone) a good place for Chole Bhatura in Bangalore. I am willing to sacrifice my PS 3 if somebody can tell me a good place for Chola Bhatura in Bangalore.
I will be waiting for that heavenly soul that will come in my dreams and will tell me "Utho vats, mai batata hoo tumhe vo jagah jaha jakar tumhe moksh ki prapti hogi"
Till that heavenly help comes, I will be banking on you guys to guide me to enlightment.

2 comments:

  1. Please let me know where exactly in Vikaspuri is the market

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this after so many years...Till 2009 it used to be part of Thursday market stall near GBlock :)

    ReplyDelete